SELCO seeks a qualified individual with data entry and hardware support skills for a full time position with benefits to:
- Upload and edit records following established regional and national standards
- Assist with the production of print and email notices to library patrons
- Assist in procuring and installing PCs and peripherals
- Assist with managing software within the SELCO office and onsite at libraries
- Share content with various audience using a variety of online and conventional tools
- Possess strong keyboarding skills and experience with computer technology
- Ability to prioritize and shift between multiple projects
- Library experience a plus but not required.
- Consideration will be given to internal and external candidates simultaneously
- Preference given to candidates applying before December 2, 2013. Candidate review will begin December 4 and position will remain open until filled
- Interested internal candidates must submit a letter of application to Ann Hutton, Executive Director specifically describing relevant job experience and potential opportunities for professional development no later than end-of-business-day, Thursday, November 21, 2013
- External applicants must complete SELCO’s online employment application
Plainview-Elgin-Millville Community School is seeking the following:
K-12 Media Specialist (media license required)
Applications are available at www.pem.k12.mn.us
Send letter of interest, resume and application to:
Plainview-Elgin-Millville Community School
Attn: Bill Ihrke, HS Principal
500 West Broadway
Plainview, MN 55964
Deadline: Open until filled
The Lake City Public Library is currently seeking to fill the children’s librarian position. Qualifications for this position: Associate’s Degree in Library Science or related degree field and/or one year of library work experience with a library automation system or equivalent. Candidate must have considerable ability to work with children and young adults, good customer service skills, computer proficiency and ability to work with others. This position will require evening and weekend hours. Starting pay is $13.41 per hour. A complete job description and application is available online at www.ci.lake-city.mn.us and at the Lake City Public Library. Please return completed application and a letter of interest to City of Lake City, 205 West Center St., Lake City, MN 55041. No phone calls please. This position will be open until filled.
Arrowhead Library System in Northeastern Minnesota - providing service to public, school, academic, and special libraries in the seven counties of Carlton, Cook, Lake, Lake of the Woods, Itasca, Koochiching, and Saint Louis - is seeking an enthusiastic person to fill the Regional Librarian - Automation position. The person filling this position will be responsible for design, implementation, integration and daily operations of the library´s automation and communication systems, including the integrated library system, LAN, Web server, Internet access, telecommunications and related evolving systems and security issues with said systems.
Required - an undergraduate degree with coursework in computer science and a Master´s degree in library science, management, computer technology, or a related field. The incumbent must have a minimum of three years of experience in library service with an emphasis in library automation. Public library experience is highly desirable.
Salary range $52,200 to $65,250 dependent upon qualifications plus excellent benefits. Completed application, resume, and cover letter should be sent to
Arrowhead Library System - Position Opening
5528 Emerald Avenue
Mountain Iron, MN 55768
For more information about other job opportunities, check the Minnesota library job postings on MLA site