Greetings! A call has been made for 2014 Collaborative Summer Library Program (CSLP) Children's Manual ideas! The 2014 Children's theme is Fizz, Boom, Read! CSLP Children's Manual editor Patti Sinclair is especially interested in your ideas for:
- School visits and other ways of promoting the CSLP program in your community -- a skit or puppet show is always welcome!
- Setting the scene with library decorations, bulletin boards, props, etc.
- Original puppet plays, especially for one or two puppeteers
- Outreach ideas for underserved groups
Please send your ideas for the Children's Manual to Patti Sinclair at email@example.com by October 15, 2012. She is also looking for Early Literacy ideas for the same theme. Any recommended books should be in print and titles in Spanish are much appreciated.
And, just a reminder, here are the 2013 CSLP themes:
- Children's theme: Dig into Reading
- Teen theme: Beneath the Surface
- Adult theme: Groundbreaking Reads