This page is designed as a basic resource for FRBR and RDA. SELCO Catalogers are required to attend one of the two cataloging training classes SELCO offers prior to June, 2014. Click here to view upcoming training.
RDA – Resource Description and Access
- Resource Description and Access: Background / Overview -Barbara Tillett – Library of Congress – Webcast
- RDA Changes from AACR2 for Texts Library of Congress’ – Barbara Tillett – Library of Congress – Webcast
- Introduction to RDA — ALCTS Webcast
- Preparing copy catalogers for RDA — ALCTS Webcast
- http://www.loc.gov/catdir/cpso/RDAtest/rdatraining.html – Library of Congress’ page devoted to RDA, includes useful webcats, training materials and more.
- Changes from AACR2 to RDA: A Comparison of Examples – By Adam Schiff (PDF)
- Introduction to RDA – by Robert Maxwell (PDF)
- http://www.rda-jsc.org/index.html – The Joint Steering Comittee (JSC) is the organization responsible for the development of RDA and ongoing edits.
- http://www.rdatoolkit.org/ – RDA Tookit is the definetive source for RDA, provdes updates and eamples in MARC – Requries subscription.
- Introducing RDA: A guide to the basics – 9780838935941 – Print Text
FRBR – Functional Requirement for Bibliographic Records
- What Is FRBR?: A Conceptual Model for the Bibliographic Universe
- FRBR: Things You Should Know, But Were Afraid to Ask – Barbara Tillett – Library of Congress – Webcast
- FRBR as a Foundation for RDA — ALCTS Web cast
- http://www.loc.gov/cds/downloads/FRBR.PDF – A basic overview of FRBR, including definitions
- http://www.oclc.org/research/activities/workrecs/default.htm – OCLC’s Example FRBR Work Records
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LN0vKCFsXPE – Bram Stoker’s Dracula in FRBR terms
- FRBR : a guide for the perplexed – 9780838909508 – Print Text