SELCO is a proud supporter of Summer Reading Programs throughout the our 11 counties. Libraries within the region are able to choose between two strong Summer Reading Program themes, from either iREAD or CSLP (Collaborative Summer Library Program).
As a federated system, meaning each library operates independently but agrees to work together, we encourage each library to select a theme which best fits their community and that they’re most excited about. We in turn help provide support through reimbursement of paper products purchased for each library’s program as well as providing a Summer Reading Program Kickoff to get librarians talking and sharing ideas about how to best execute programs in their home areas.
Realizing that the greatest information and ideas shared at events comes from its participants the 2017 Summer Reading Program Kickoff was held in four parts. The first three parts set as an unconference, where topics of discussion are decided by attendees on the day and the final part dedicated program idea sharing. Topics discussed on the day were Community Partnerships, Vetted Performers & Promotional Expectations, general Promotions/PR/Marketing/Social Media, and Programming, both active and passive.
Held: January 31, 2017
For the 2017 season, SELCO will again reimburse member libraries 100% for their summer reading program paper product purchases — the following items count for reimbursement. This applies to both the SELCO supported iREAD and CSLP programs:
Bookmarks | Posters | Reading Logs | Certificates | Stickers
The following rules must be followed regarding reimbursement for Paper Products:
- The library pays for the items directly and then submits the receipt/invoice to SELCO for reimbursement.
- The receipt/invoice must be from one of the supported program incentive catalogs. No outside vendor receipt/invoice will be accepted.
- Receipt/invoice needs to be sent to Reagen Thalacker. May be sent via e-mail, delivery tub, or regular mail.
- All receipts/invoices will be reviewed and clarification will be sought if needed.
- All receipts/invoices being submitted for reimbursement must be received by SELCO before May 31, 2017 to be processed. No receipt/invoice received after that date will be accepted.