Get your session proposals ready for the MLA Conference!
This year’s theme is Radical Librarianship – the power of libraries to provide access to the truth, strengthen our community voices, create opportunity for exploration and innovation, and assist our patrons to build a better future.
In the spirit of radicalism, we are debuting new conference tracks!
- Imagine – Examine current trends & emerging realities to think big about the future
- Challenge – Push boundaries, take risks, question conventionality
- Collaborate – Find allies with common goals, build something together
- Engage – Practice community-driven librarianship
- Create & Play – Innovate, explore & invent
- Transform – Revolutionize librarianship, transform communities, change lives
How have you embodied these radical librarianship themes at your institution? Come share at the MLA annual conference in Rochester on October 5 & 6.
Sessions will run 50 minutes and can take many forms including, but not limited to, presentations, panels, discussions, & interactive/hands-on programs.
Proposals are due May 1st – which will be here before you know it! So start thinking about your session and watch for more information coming soon!