SELCO will post job information about library position openings as it is shared with us.
Please use the Submit a Job Posting form if you would like us to add your job listing to this page.
Job listings within SELCO – None at this time
Job listings in the SELCO region –
Kenyon-Wanamingo Elementary School Media Center Clerk
Position Summary: The Media Center Clerk manages the daily activities in the media center. Candidate will monitor and assist students in their daily use of the media center and assist staff in planning and usage of media center materials.
- Maintain condition of materials in our collection to ensure they are cataloged correctly, have proper spine labels and are shelved in the proper place.
- Schedule classes with teachers to come to Media Center for class research projects.
- Assist in coordinating materials through SELCO.
- Monitor overdue media materials via reminders to students or classroom instructors.
- Manage circulation of media materials.
- Maintain a quiet atmosphere for students to research and study.
- Assist students and instructors in finding materials for research and recreational reading.
- Assist and monitor student usage of media center computers.
- Maintain confidentiality as per law and school policy. Enforce district policies as they relate to students.
- Other duties as assigned.
Work Schedule: Schedule may vary – 7:30 a.m.- 3:30 p.m. on school days, with a one-half hour unpaid lunch.
Salary Range: As per Education Support Professionals master agreement.
Qualifications: High school diploma or equivalent. Strong organizational skills and basic computer skills are necessary. Communication and interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with students, parents, coworkers, and supervisor.
Application Procedures: Apply online at www.kw.k12.mn.us
Application Deadline: Open until filled.
For more information and to apply follow this link: https://www.applitrack.
Kasson-Mantorville High School Media Assistant
Purpose: Provide support to the instructional program with specific responsibilities for performing a variety of clerical library functions in the KMHS Learning Center; organizing, distributing and sorting library and audio-visual materials; maintaining the library collection; identifying appropriate resources for students and teachers utilizing library resources; and performing functions related to collection, processing, circulation, maintenance, and inventory of library materials, textbooks, and a variety of electronic equipment; assist in communicating our positive story through multiple avenues
- Technology knowledge
- Customer service for high school students and staff
Responsibilities (subject to adjustment over time):
- Prepare materials for student use – book preparation, repair, shelving, entering items into catalog, book check in/check out
- Supervise students in TLC spaces to maintain high levels of academic engagement
- Prepare reports for library collection – late book notices, circulation data, collection data
- Assist students in locating materials – use library catalog, interlibrary loan, technology, school store
- Offer recommendations to students as requested by using library resources – materials, technology, credible online resources (ELM website)
- Technology support – student passwords, how-to use technology for students and staff individually
- Assist in maintaining communication technology – reservation calendars, Google Slides outside TLC, social media, TLC website
- Create welcoming environment for students and staff – book displays, seating arrangements, accept student and staff suggestions for consideration (new books, new technology, changes to seating arrangements as space allows)
- Promote literacy – book displays in library, place new books on communication technology, awareness of credible resources
- Prepare materials for staff use – chromebook carts, locate library materials, printing in color, room reservations, “customer service”
For more information and to apply: https://www.applitrack.com/komets/onlineapp/default.aspx?Category=Support+Staff&subcategory=Teacher+Assistant
Youth Services Librarian- Northfield Public Library
Position Summary: The purpose of this position is to work with the Children’s Programming Librarian to provide programs for youth that promote Library use and literacy skills, take the lead on teen programming, and help represent the Library’s Youth Services team at various community events and committees. The Northfield Public Library is a busy and dynamic gathering space for families with young children. Candidate must be able to multi-task and enjoy working with children ages 0-16. This position requires flexibility within Library open hours including nights and weekends, early morning and evening programming, regular (monthly) Saturday and Sunday hours.
Qualifications: MINIMUM TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: • Bachelor’s Degree in Library Science, Education, or a related field. • One-year prior experience in the development and conduct of programs for youth. • or any combination of education and/or experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills and abilities will be considered. • Valid MN Driver’s License
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: • Master’s Degree in Library Science. • Fluency in Spanish and English including reading, speaking, listening and writing. • Experience in collection development.
Salary Range: $59,654
Application Deadline: 10/8/20
For more information and to apply: https://www.ci.northfield.mn.us/Jobs.aspx