SELCO will post job information about library position openings as it is shared with us.
Please use the Submit a Job Posting form if you would like us to add your job listing to this page.
Job listings within SELCO.
Job Location: SELCO, Rochester, MN
SELCO (Southeastern Libraries Cooperating) is seeking a part-time Materials Handler to work from 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm, Monday-Friday. This position may be filled with one person working 20 hours per week, or two people working 8-12 hours per week. Materials Handlers are responsible for sorting books that come and go between libraries in SE Minnesota.
To apply for this position, please email JobApplications@selco.info with your work history, why you would like to be a Materials Handler at SELCO, and the number of hours per week you would like to work (8, 12 or 20).
- Daily sorting of books and other library materials transported by courier drivers
- Organizing delivery tubs into appropriate routes for courier drivers
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
Sorting Duties — 85%
- Sorting and routing of books and other library materials into appropriate delivery tubs
- Identify and separate books and other library materials for processing by Interlibrary Loan Specialist as appropriate
- Place notices, memoranda, and other miscellaneous papers in the appropriate library’s delivery tub
- Repackage materials for distribution to member libraries
- Assist with collection of delivery statistics
Stacking Duties — 15%
- Prepare delivery tub, bags and other containers, for use by courier drivers and libraries
- Assist with general arrangement of delivery work space
- Maintain knowledge of delivery routes, schedule, and codes
- High school diploma, GED, or currently enrolled; must be at least 16 years old
- Requires the ability to lift up to 50 pounds; carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including but not limited to, books, tubs or bags of library materials with or without a hand truck
- Requires significant amount of standing, walking, reaching, pushing and grasping
- Ability to read and recognize library names and codes
- Ability to accurately sort books and library materials based on established location codes
- Ability to meet target performance standards and deadlines
- Basic computer skills, including the ability to operate a handheld scanner
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $10.61 to $11.50 /hour
Open until filled
Library Services Consultant
Job Location: SELCO, Rochester, MN
Find satisfaction in helping others succeed? Looking for a job that you can help to shape and develop? If you enjoy interacting with library colleagues, problem-solving and working with data to help public libraries improve library services, we may have the job for you.
SELCO (Southeastern Libraries Cooperating) is seeking a motivated, dynamic person to join our newly created Consulting Services Department. Our ideal Library Services Consultant is someone who loves interacting with our member libraries, is eager to share knowledge around the 11-county region, and can provide not only access to resources, but also guidance in using those resources.
This full-time position requires an MLS and at least 5 years of experience in libraries. Strong knowledge of library services, including literacy support, youth and adult services, programming, and customer service is vital, as well as is the ability to build relationships that connect libraries to each other and SELCO. Salary for this position starts at $56,455 with an excellent benefit package.
Consider joining the SELCO Team as we work to fulfill our mission, We Connect Libraries, in southeast Minnesota.
Electronic submissions only; interested applicants can submit a resume with references and a cover letter to Job_applications@selco.info. Preference given to applications received by September 20, 2019.
Job listings in the SELCO region – none at this time.