The joint SELCO/SELS Strategic Plan for FY2019-2021 was approved by the SELCO/SELS Board on April 24, 2018.
SELCO staff began the Service Evaluation & Reorganization Process with an all-day staff meeting on June 4, 2018.
Following that meeting, Service Work Groups were formed with a combination of experts and non-experts in each group.
Charge of each Service work group is to:
- Identify current service provision and ideal service provision
- Analyze potential areas for improved efficiency
- Analyze various methods for service delivery (in-house staff, outside vendor, etc.)
- Identify if there are individual services that could be eliminated
- Analyze potential effects of standardization of service
- Identify the number of positions with skill sets required for each service
- Include all relevant stakeholders in the process of gathering information and feedback
Service work groups will submit a written monthly report on progress. Written reports will be shared via Google Drive. A final report with recommendations on future service provision, including staff positions, will be presented at a second all-staff meeting.
Timeline (subject to change):
- June 4, 2018: All-staff meeting
- July 31, 2018: First monthly report due from all service work groups
- August 30, 2018 : Second monthly report due from all service work groups
- September 2018: All-staff meeting date TBD – final report due from all service work groups
- October 2018: Management Team will use service work group reports to create new organizational structure.
- Mid-November 2018: Proposed new structure will be shared with SELCO/SELS Executive (Personnel?) Committee, staff, and members
- December 2018: Prep work for implementation of new structure
- January 2019: Implementation of new structure
- June 2019: Initial evaluation of new structure