MILE has extended its deadline through the end of the year. Find application here.
The SELCO region has had many participants in this outstanding 4-day conference, including Reagen Thalacker and Pam O’Hara at SELCO. MLA’s incoming president, Patti Bross, attended in 2017. The 2019 Institute will be held at the beautiful Sugar Lake Lodge in Northern Minnesota.
The MLA Institute for Leadership Excellence provides participants with the opportunity to:
- Develop and refine skills necessary to be a leader in the libraries of tomorrow
- Develop and move forward on professional and personal goals
- Network and make connections with people in the broader community
- Reflect on the variety of leadership opportunities available at the local, regional, and state levels
- Meet and connect with your individually selected mentor from Minnesota’s professional library community; you will work with this person for up to a year and a half following the Institute
Are you in a position of leadership within your library? Do you have aspirations of one day taking a leadership role at your library? Do you find yourself providing leadership for colleagues even though your official position might not be a leadership position?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, then MILE is for you!
MILE helps you discover the leader within yourself and learn to lead effectively today—even if your current position is not one of leadership. During the four-day conference, selected participants spend their days in an intimate conference setting with 24 other emerging library leaders from across the state. They learn about using improvisational humor and creative idea generation to foster creative approaches to problem solving and strategic planning, discover their personal strengths, and learn to lead no matter what their current library position may be.