After conversations between multiple member library committees a decision has been made to streamline the process by which SELCO Online Libraries (those who participate in the SELCO region Horizon catalog) claim reimbursement for lost interlibrary loan (ILL) items. Because this affects damaged items as well as the process for Rochester Public Library, here are the basics of what you need to know.
Beginning in FY19 (July 1, 2018) follow these instructions for claiming reimbursement for lost or damaged materials:
- SELCO Online Libraries:
- Lost ILL materials – will be claimed quarterly via an automated process of a report run by SELCO/SELS staff.
- Damaged ILL materials must still be claimed manually via this Damaged ILL Materials Form.
- Rochester Public Library:
- Because Rochester Public Library is not part of the SELCO region catalog, their library’s lost or damaged ILL items must continue to be entered manually.
- There is a separate Rochester Public Library – Lost/Damaged ILL Item Reimbursement Claim Form.
For more detailed information about the reimbursement process in both cases, please click on the following documents:
- SELCO Online Libraries: Reimbursement Claim – Lost Damaged ILL Materials – 2018
- Rochester Public Library: SELCO-RPL Lost Damaged Procedures – 2018
Please share this information widely with all relevant staff and update any bookmarks accordingly. The current form will cease functioning at the end of June. This information can also be found on the SELCO/SELS Interlibrary Loan & Delivery website HERE.