SELCO and SELS are proud to offer a wide range of support services designed to enrich and enhance libraries in Southeastern Minnesota. These services cover the needs for both the Horizon Libraries and other members.Universal Services – those that all libraries in the region receiveTechnology Services – those that only Horizon Libraries receive
SELCO is happy to provide a number of services that are of importance to all libraries in the region.
- Continuing Education & Training- For libraries needing to keep up to date on technology, advocacy, reader’s advisory, or any other topic in the library world, SELCO provides both classes and workshops.
- Library Support Services- SELCO offers consulting services to help member libraries on topics such as advocacy, marketing, library services, and technology.
- Legacy Programs- As part of the Arts & Cultural Heritage Amendment, SELCO currently receives grant dollars to work on both region-wide and local initiative to preserve Minnesota’s cultural heritage or promote the arts.
- Reading Programs- A core of library programming has always been reading programs, and SELCO works to cover the subject from early literacy, to summer reading, to adult reading.
- SELCO Library Foundation- A separate 501(c)(3) organization that provides a repository and stewardship for contributions made to libraries in southeastern Minnesota.
- Special Collections- SELCO hosts a number of kits and other programming materials for libraries to utilize for fast programming or just to change up their offerings.
When a member library decides to become automated, they become a Horizon Library. With this status, they are privy to a number of services.
- PC & Internet- SELCO provides a range of services to help libraries manage their Internet connection and the PCs used by both staff and patrons.
- WordPress Library Blog- SELCO offers hosting services for Horizon Libraries to maintain their presence on the web plus some built in frills.
Resource Sharing Services
SELCO offers Services to help Horizon Libraries share resources.
- Integrated Library System- a database that allows members to track items owned, orders made, bills paid, and patrons who have borrowed materials.
- Interlibrary Loan- policies and procedures that govern the sharing of materials between Horizon Libraries.
- MINITEX- Access to statewide interlibrary loan is provided via MINITEX. Policies and procedures for statewide materials are maintained from the owning library in the state.
- Delivery- SELCO is the node for physical material moving through the member libraries and currently provides this service with a contracted vendor and some in-house resources for sorting.
- Online Discovery Catalog- the patron facing discovery system or catalog that patrons can find, request, renew items, and monitor their accounts independently.
- Mobile App- is the mobile version of the Discovery layer.
- OverDrive- eBooks, audiobooks, and eMagazines are available for patron use on a browser or digital device.