Staff in member libraries may apply for scholarships to support career development in public library, media center, or other library-related fields.
Scholarships reimburse recipients for eligible expenses paid for a conference or other continuing education event. SELCO/SELS encourages applications for any continuing education opportunities that would improve service at the local or regional library level.
Any appropriate training, webinar, class, workshop, or seminar, including annual conferences is eligible. These applications must be submitted at least a month prior to the event.
Eligible expenses will be reimbursed after the event:
- registration fees
- Meal reimbursement does not cover alcoholic beverages.
In order to receive reimbursement you must submit itemized receipts and an Event Report within 30 days after the event, which will be shared as a news item on the SELCO/SELS website.
The amount of support available for each scholarship will be determined on a case-by-case basis, taking the following into account:
- the relevance of the event for which you have applied
- the number of other applications we received
- the amount remaining in the annual budget for scholarships
- the number of scholarships awarded to your library during the year
- how many scholarships you personally have been awarded
If you have any questions, email LearningEngagement@selco.info.