SELCO’s Communication Specialist, Jennifer Harveland, can provide a variety of services to support communication and publicity efforts.
Here are a few examples of how the Communication Specialist can help your library:
- edit/proofread newsletters, articles, PowerPoint presentations, grant applications, or other documents
- research/write blog posts or articles for submission to newspapers or use in newsletters
- create publicity schedules for library programs and special events
- write generic customizable press releases, Facebook status updates and tweets
- assist in general library publicity, including brochures, website, bookmarks, etc.
- facilitate collaboration with multiple libraries to expand reach of publicity efforts (for example, a county-wide promotion)
- provide on-site social media training
- develop a plan for publicity for a particular event or project
- assess current communication and assist in developing a strategic plan
- consult on advertising or fundraising campaigns, from developing your message to creating publicity materials
When you begin planning a project, campaign or event, please contact the Communication Specialist. A brief consultation can help you determine when to begin creating publicity materials, develop an overall timeline for the project, and decide what elements or platforms you will use for publicity (posters, brochures, newspapers, radio, social media, your website, etc.). She can offer tips and suggestions to get you started, occasional guidance as the project moves forward, or assist as needed from beginning to end.
If you submit an item for proofreading or editing, please allow up to 3 business days for a response. Other tasks will require more advance notice; please feel free to reach out to get information and find out how far in advance information is needed to complete a project.
The Communication Specialist is not a graphic artist but can provide simple graphics to be used in social media or PowerPoint presentations if given 2 weeks’ notice. Larger projects will require a graphic artist. If you don’t already work with a particular graphic artist, you can request to be connected with a graphic artist who will work within your budget.
Please contact Communication Specialist Jennifer Harveland directly by email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 507.288.5513 for further details or to share your ideas for a project to find out how she can offer assistance. All communication services are offered as collaborative efforts to ensure library communication is presented as library staff wish.