Wouldn’t it be nice if managing your library’s PC purchases were quick and easy? Imagine making a simply monthly payment for all the PCs instead of piecing your equipment together over multiple budget years. Wouldn’t it be awesome if someone just came and collected your PCs every three years and replaced them with shiny new ones?
All of this is possible through the optional PC Leasing Value Added Service. SELCO manages lease agreements between your library and Dell. Instead of purchasing PCs and laptops, your library makes three annual or 36 monthly payments for the use of the equipment. At the end of the three-year lease term, the contract ends and SELCO assumes responsibility for returning the equipment to the manufacturer. Advantages of PC leasing include:
- Spreading cost of PCs out over a three year period without additional financing costs
- Making PC costs a regular, predictable item in the library budget
- Ensuring that PCs are uniform and standardized throughout the library.
- Eliminates disposal costs for PCs. At the end of the lease term, SELCO simply picks them up.
Other Value Added Services Required
Online Libraries that wish to purchase the PC Lease service must also purchase PC Support for the leased PCs. For more information, see PC Support.
Cost is invoiced in three annual or 36 monthly payments, at the choice of the Online Library:
Invoiced in thirty-six (36) monthly installments:
- $40.00 per PC (desktop and monitor)
- $47.00 per laptop
- $15.00 per laptop accessory pack (docking station, monitor, external mouse and keyboard)
Invoiced in three (3) annual installments:
- $450.00 per PC (desktop and monitor)
- $545.00 per laptop
- $170.00 per laptop accessory pack (docking station, monitor, external mouse and keyboard)
In addition to the installments, there are some one-time fees:
- $50 per Public PC for Deep Freeze Standard
NOTE: Pricing for PCs is not established by Dell until three months before the start of the lease term. Therefore the installment payments are subject to change. While SELCO cannot control this change or predict the final number, we guarantee that it will not change by more than 10% over that shown above.