As requested by the ILS Operations & Technology Policy Joint Committee, SELCO has created generic user accounts in Horizon. Feel free to use them or not, as best suits your library. Some libraries find it useful to use generic accounts at their circulation desks, so one person’s Horizon account doesn’t have to be logged in to multiple computers. Emails have been sent to library directors and automation contacts. Please consult the emails or your supervisor for more information.
- All of the accounts have Circ Super privileges, so that an override is allowed
- Small libraries have 1 generic account
- Medium libraries have 3 generic accounts
- Large libraries have 5 generic accounts
- Each school building has 1 generic account
Please note that generic Horizon accounts cannot be traced by SELCO to an individual staff member in the event of misuse. Libraries are asked to use these accounts with discretion to protect the privacy of library patrons. Library data and private data on individuals are governed by Minnesota Statutes
Please feel free to contact the Help Desk with any questions!